Why does the powder coat service add to your lead time?
All of our stock doors are already pre-finished in a white powder coat.
When you choose to change the colour of your steel door and frame, it requires a comprehensive set of manufacturing processes. They are listed below:
- Your order is processed
- Warehouse department pick your steel door and take it to the manufacturing department
- The manufacturing department unpack your door & a QC inspection takes place
- It is then taken to disassembly where the door and frame are stripped of hardware
- The door is cleaned of all contaminants and hung ready for powder coat
- The powder coat department coat your door, frame and any accessories then move them to the oven
- Once baked it is let to cool, QC checked and the moved to re-assembly
- Re-assembly re-build your door and move it to final QC
- Once QC has passed, it is taken to repackaging and repackaged
- The warehouse department then re-collect your door and take it to the dispatch area
Crucially, for the quality to meet our exacting standards, we factor in additional time for thorough QC inspections and re-coating of powder coat if required.
We aim to complete this process in 10-15 working days, but can fast track urgent jobs through in as quickly as 24 hours if required.