We’ve elected two new charity partners!
Okay, it’s time for an update – we’ve been working on quite a few different projects lately but one that means a lot to us is improving our corporate social responsibility. We really wanted to get more involved with our local community, which is why we have now elected two charity partners to fundraise for!
Our aim for throughout the year and beyond is to support these amazing causes with various fundraising events and campaigns. We already have several events planned involving a number of our staff members, including Henry! (Our office dog) Make sure to follow us on social media to stay updated on our activities and announcements!
We asked for suggestions, put them to a staff vote and we are happy to announce we have chosen:
Groundwork & Dudley NHS Group Foundation – Children’s Unit
Here’s a little more about each charity:
Groundwork is the community charity with a green heart – they are on a mission to create a future where everywhere is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny and where everyone can reach their full potential.
The charity help communities through thousands of projects across the UK such as:
- – Tackling climate change by helping people out of fuel poverty
- – Bringing out the best in young people by helping them to improve their local area
- – Building stronger communities by improving parks, playgrounds and other shared green spaces
- – Getting people back into work by creating green jobs
- – and many more
Find out more about Groundwork by visiting their website:
The Dudley NHS Group Foundation – Children’s Unit strives to ease the experience of children in their hospital, as well as their families, by providing a comfortable, reassuring base for their care and treatment. No matter how much a child is prepared for their visit, it will still seem alien and unknown, they may be worried about pain and a change of routine/meeting new people can be extremely unsettling. Helping a child to adjust and feel safe is vital to their well-being and recovery.
The children’s unit appeal helps to:
- – Fund vital equipment and facilities with children in mind (such as an infra-red vein finder, particularly effective for babies or infants when veins do not always show)
- – Support play specialists who offer constant emotional support to younger patients through play and distraction
- – Provide a safe and stimulating environment with spaces to play and learn during recovery
Find out more about the Dudley NHS Group Foundation – Children’s Unit here: